1. Practice breathing to expand the lungs.
Normal daily breathing We often take short breaths. They rarely breathe to fill their lungs. but to increase the fitness of the lungs Strengthen the diaphragm muscles. and increase the volume in the lungs We have a method for practicing breathing that is easy to do for you.
The method is to sit up straight and take a deep breath. (inhale as far as you can’t inhale again) and then exhale as far as you can. Try to force yourself to take long, deep breaths every day to help your lungs expand. Work more efficiently and also allows the body to receive full oxygen This breathing method may be used simultaneously. With meditation for 5 minutes a day, the lungs are strong. also make the brain clear And it helps to increase concentration as well.
2. Laugh more often.
Until this time, there is not much joy that makes us smile much. But if there is something you do that makes you happy or makes you laugh. It’s recommended to do it and do it more often. Because laughing increases the gas exchange rate. make the diaphragm muscles move It also makes the blood pump. and stimulate the body to secrete a substance of happiness which increases relaxation, comfort and makes it easier to fall asleep
3. Exercise to increase the capacity of the lungs.
Have you ever heard that an athlete’s lungs have more capacity than a normal person’s lungs? That’s because the physical condition through intense exercise and training allows the lungs to expand. and has more storage capacity The lungs with this large capacity, in addition to helping to exercise for a long time. not easily tired It also increases the efficiency of eliminating pathogens in the respiratory system as well. Athletes tend to be physically strong and not easily get sick.
But for us, there is no need to train hard to the level of professional athletes. Just keep exercising regularly. Especially cardio exercises like running, swimming, cycling, or aerobic dancing. or if you want to challenge yourself more Try a HIIT workout. It doesn’t take long, but it’s intense. It stimulates the blood to pump. increase the rate of gas exchange in the lungs allowing the lungs to use more oxygen This can help increase capacity and enhance the performance of the lungs and heart better.
4. Drink green tea to stimulate lung function.
In green tea contains antioxidants that help stimulate lung function. It also reduces the risk of pneumonia. Drinking green tea is recommended to drink as warm green tea. No added sugar, about 1-2 cups per day, this will help strengthen the lungs.
5. Eat foods that have properties that help nourish the lungs.
In addition to green tea Some common foods have properties that help nourish and strengthen the lungs, such as:
- Apples contain beta-carotene and vitamin C. Reduces the risk of lung cancer
- Carrots contain beta-carotene and vitamin A. help prevent asthma
- Pumpkin contains carotenoids, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, which help maintain lung health.
- Turmeric contains curcumin . Helps lungs work better
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants. Helps prevent diseases in the respiratory system
- Oysters are full of minerals that nourish the lungs.
- Whole grains and whole grains are high in vitamins and essential fatty acids that are good for lung health.
- berry family source of antioxidants Eat and help your body become stronger.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which helps reduce inflammation in the respiratory system. reduce the severity of asthma symptoms and help improve lung function
In addition to these foods, you should choose only good food and eat all 5 food groups at every meal to keep your body healthy, have energy and strengthen your immune system to be ready to work all the time.
6. Reduce smoking, increase lung capacity.
Cigarettes contain tar that causes irritation to the lungs, causing coughing and the risk of lung cancer. and emphysema There are also many other toxic substances such as nitrogen dioxide, nicotine, etc., which are all lung-damaging substances. who is already smoking It is recommended to reduce the amount of pumping. And should avoid inhaling cigarette smoke. to maintain lung function not let the lungs weaken because the lungs are not strong enough There is a chance that when infected with covid The symptoms are more severe and affect the lungs more than others.