Our bodies need zinc. to be used in various processes of the body such as
- growth and development of the body
- enzyme reaction
- functioning of the immune system
- protein synthesis
- DNA synthesis
- wound regeneration
- Gene expression
In addition, zinc is essential for the functioning of more than 300 enzymes. That help with metabolism, digestion, nervous system function. As well as the development and function of immune cells in the body. Zinc is therefore considered to be the second most important mineral for the body after iron.
The fact that our body will receive zinc comes from eating food. Fortunately many meat and plant-based diets are rich. Makes it easy to consume enough to meet the needs of the body. UFABET
Food sources of zinc are as follows:
- Crustaceans such as crabs, shrimps, oysters, mussels and clams, etc.
- Meat such as beef, pork, chicken, lamb, etc.
- Fish such as sardines, salmon, etc.
- Beans such as black beans, chickpeas, green beans, etc.
- Whole grains, such as pumpkin seeds, cashews, melon seeds, oats, quinoa, etc.
- Dairy products such as fresh milk, yogurt, butter, cheese, etc.
- Some vegetables such as mushrooms, kale, asparagus, etc.